Ready for a delicious evening? A dozen of Maine’s top chefs, including 2009 James Beard Best Chef in the Northeast winner Rob Evans, of Hugo’s, are participating in A Taste of the Nation. This fund-raiser for Share Our Strength Southern Maine will be held in the ocean-front dining room at Southern Maine Community College on June 18.
In addition to Evans, participating chefs are:
• Lee Harding Smith, The Grill Room
• Larry Matthews Jr., Back Bay Grill
• Jeff Landry, Farmer’s Table
• David Turin, David’s
• Steve Corry, Five Fifty-Five
• Lee Skawinski, Cinque Terre
• Lawrence Klang, Natalie’s
• Mitchell Kaldrovic, Sea Glass
• Earl Morse, Eve’s at the Garden
• Jay Vilani, Local 188
•Brant Dadaleares, Fore Street
Tickets, $75 and $125, include all food, drink, and live entertainment. Proceeds support organizations such as Preble Street, East End Kids, Cultivating Community, and Maine Equal Justic Partners.