• Rollie’s, downtown Belfast’s popular sports bar and grill, has opened a second location in the former Chocolate Grill in Searsport
• Bay Wrap now sells John’s Ice Cream (yay!) in its Belfast location.
• New and wow! Belfast Bay Inn & Luxury Suites, a gorgeous renovation of a mid-19th-century downtown building into a boutique hotel. The owners previously owned the four-star Bluenose (Bar Harbor) so they know what they’re doing. This place is a gem that’s already earned AAA 4-star and Select Registry status.
• Wildflower Inn B&B, Searsport, has closed
• Movers and shakers: In Belfast: Brambles garden store has moved across Main Street to number 69; Wanderbird Cruises’ ticket office is now upstairs; Belfast Area Chamber of Commerce office has moved into the red- white- and blue building across the street.
Just in case you’re worried, America’s oldest shoe store, Coburn’s, hasn’t moved a gosh darn inch.