One of my summer pleasures is having dinner at Havana followed by a scoop or two of some outrageous flavor at Mount Desert Island Ice Cream. This summer, I won’t have to travel to Bar Harbor to do so. Both Havana and MDIC are opening outposts in Portland. According to MDIC’s Facebook page, it plans to open in May (according to Portland Food Map, it’s at 51 Exchange St.). Havana South is targeting a June opening for its Wharf Street location. Next thing you know, Acadia will opening a section of the park in the city (only kidding). UPDATE: Havana South has closed.
Search this site
- The Muffin Recipes Revealed: A Maine innkeeper tells all and shares recipes
- Food finds on Acadia’s Quiet Side: Lobster, lobster rolls, popovers, cookies, and pie
- Good, fast, cheap eats along Maine’s Route 1
- Dog-friendly inn, B&B, cottage, and resort accommodations in Maine
- Seal Cove Farm’s pizzas (and goat cheese gelato) are worth the detour.
- A day on Penobscot Bay aboard the Maine Windjammer Stephen Taber
- Road Food: Did somebody say doughnuts?
- Slab opens: Sicilian street food in Portland, Maine
- History buffs and vintage auto fans: Don’t miss Founder’s Day in Paris Hill, Maine
- What’s new foodwise for 2014 on Maine’s Blue Hill/Deer Isle peninsula
Acadia National Park Bar Harbor Belfast Bethel Brunswick Camden Camden Harbour Inn Camden Maine Cape Elizabeth Carrabassett Valley College of the Atlantic Deals Dining Eastport Farnsworth Museum Food Freeport Inn by the Sea Kennebunk Kennebunkport lobster Lodging Lubec Maine Maine dining Maine food Maine Restaurant Week Maine travel Mount Desert Island Ogunquit Portland Portland Maine Portland Museum of Art restaurant restaurants review Rockland Rockland Maine Rockport Saddleback Skiing/Riding Sugarloaf Sunday River travel Winter Harbor