If you’re seeking a quick escape and don’t want to spurge, TravelZoo has an incredible deal at the Ocean Point Inn, a lovely, old-timey classic on the East Boothbay peninsula. It comprises a main inn, motel-style buldings, and cottages—most with amazing sunset views over the bay and out to the open ocean—set amidst landscaped lawns. A dock extends over the rocky shorefront into the ocean waters. Package rates are $99-149 through Sept. 5, then $79-119 through Oct. 7 (with a bit of a bump for the holiday weekend). That includes continental breakfast (full available for an additional $6 pp), $25 toward dinner, and discounts on local boat cruises and attractions. But don’t expect to want to leave once here. Those Adirondack-style chairs perched on the ocean’s edge are quite magnetic.
Search this site
- Food finds on Acadia’s Quiet Side: Lobster, lobster rolls, popovers, cookies, and pie
- Good, fast, cheap eats along Maine’s Route 1
- Dog-friendly inn, B&B, cottage, and resort accommodations in Maine
- Seal Cove Farm’s pizzas (and goat cheese gelato) are worth the detour.
- A day on Penobscot Bay aboard the Maine Windjammer Stephen Taber
- Road Food: Did somebody say doughnuts?
- Slab opens: Sicilian street food in Portland, Maine
- History buffs and vintage auto fans: Don’t miss Founder’s Day in Paris Hill, Maine
- What’s new foodwise for 2014 on Maine’s Blue Hill/Deer Isle peninsula
- Lubec’s Inn on the Wharf delivers authentic taste of Maine’s seafaring heritage
Acadia National Park Bar Harbor Belfast Bethel Brunswick Camden Camden Harbour Inn Camden Maine Cape Elizabeth Carrabassett Valley College of the Atlantic Deals Dining Eastport Farnsworth Museum Food Freeport Inn by the Sea Kennebunk Kennebunkport lobster Lodging Lubec Maine Maine dining Maine food Maine Restaurant Week Maine travel Mount Desert Island Ogunquit Portland Portland Maine Portland Museum of Art restaurant restaurants review Rockland Rockland Maine Rockport Saddleback Skiing/Riding Sugarloaf Sunday River travel Winter Harbor