If you’re seeking a quick escape and don’t want to spurge, TravelZoo has an incredible deal at the Ocean Point Inn, a lovely, old-timey classic on the East Boothbay peninsula. It comprises a main inn, motel-style buldings, and cottages—most with amazing sunset views over the bay and out to the open ocean—set amidst landscaped lawns. A dock extends over the rocky shorefront into the ocean waters. Package rates are $99-149 through Sept. 5, then $79-119 through Oct. 7 (with a bit of a bump for the holiday weekend). That includes continental breakfast (full available for an additional $6 pp), $25 toward dinner, and discounts on local boat cruises and attractions. But don’t expect to want to leave once here. Those Adirondack-style chairs perched on the ocean’s edge are quite magnetic.
Search this site
- Tall ship Hermione will sail into Castine on Bastille Day, July 14, 2015, for history-rich family oriented celebration
- Cape Elizabeth’s Inn by the Sea successfully launches homeless dog adoption program
- Southwest Harbor restaurants play muscial chairs, and old favorites return
- The Muffin Recipes Revealed: A Maine innkeeper tells all and shares recipes
- Food finds on Acadia’s Quiet Side: Lobster, lobster rolls, popovers, cookies, and pie
- Good, fast, cheap eats along Maine’s Route 1
- Dog-friendly inn, B&B, cottage, and resort accommodations in Maine
- Seal Cove Farm’s pizzas (and goat cheese gelato) are worth the detour.
- A day on Penobscot Bay aboard the Maine Windjammer Stephen Taber
- Road Food: Did somebody say doughnuts?
Acadia National Park Bar Harbor Belfast Bethel Brunswick Camden Camden Harbour Inn Camden Maine Cape Elizabeth Carrabassett Valley College of the Atlantic Deals Dining Eastport Farnsworth Museum Food Freeport Inn by the Sea Kennebunk Kennebunkport lobster Lodging Lubec Maine Maine dining Maine food Maine Restaurant Week Maine travel Mount Desert Island Ogunquit Portland Portland Maine Portland Museum of Art restaurant restaurants review Rockland Rockland Maine Rockport Saddleback Skiing/Riding Sugarloaf Sunday River travel Winter Harbor