If you’re seeking a quick escape and don’t want to spurge, TravelZoo has an incredible deal at the Ocean Point Inn, a lovely, old-timey classic on the East Boothbay peninsula. It comprises a main inn, motel-style buldings, and cottages—most with amazing sunset views over the bay and out to the open ocean—set amidst landscaped lawns. A dock extends over the rocky shorefront into the ocean waters. Package rates are $99-149 through Sept. 5, then $79-119 through Oct. 7 (with a bit of a bump for the holiday weekend). That includes continental breakfast (full available for an additional $6 pp), $25 toward dinner, and discounts on local boat cruises and attractions. But don’t expect to want to leave once here. Those Adirondack-style chairs perched on the ocean’s edge are quite magnetic.
Search this site
- Maine’s top Celtic music venue draws world-class talent to Carthage
- Spring skiing at the ‘loaf: It doesn’t get any better than this
- Nibbles and bites: News from Maine’s Blue Hill/Deer Isle peninsula
- Meet the innkeepers: Crocker Pond House, Bethel, Maine
- Stand up, ski down: Sugarloaf’s Reggae Weekend celebrates 25 years
- Bicyclists benefit from Acadia’s later opening
- Snow conditions are primo at Sugarloaf, c’mon up!
- Nibbles & bites: Dining news and tasting notes from around Maine
- Colby inks Waterville on Maine’s must-see art map with new Lunder collection
- Maine lodging news with a few dining morsels
Acadia National Park Bar Harbor Belfast Bethel Brunswick Camden Camden Harbour Inn Camden Maine Cape Elizabeth Carrabassett Valley College of the Atlantic Deals Dining Farnsworth Museum Food Freeport Inn by the Sea Kennebunk Kennebunkport lobster Lodging Maine Maine dining Maine food Maine Restaurant Week Maine skiing Maine travel Mount Desert Island Northeast Harbor Ogunquit Portland Portland Maine Portland Museum of Art restaurant restaurants review Rockland Rockland Maine Rockport Saddleback Skiing/Riding Sugarloaf Sunday River travel Winter Harbor