I love this Maine Innkeepers Association program, which gives travelers a great deal on Maine lodging—B&Bs, inns, hotels, even resorts—in some very desirable locations. Even better, it helps support local chapters of Habitat for Humanity. Since its origin in 2004, the program has raised more than $115,000 for HH.
Here’s the deal: Between April 21 and May 23, 2014, participating innkeepers are offering a limited number of rooms at half price in exchange for a $35 check payable to Habitat for Humanity. Reservations must be made in advance, and the contribution to Habitat for Humanity must be in the form of a check. Book now, this is a very popular deal and rooms go quickly.
Inns currently participating (others may opt in, so check with Maine Innkeepers site):
- Bar Harbor: Graycote Inn; Mira Monte Inn
- Bass Harbor: Bass Harbor Cottages and Country Inn.
- Blue Hill: Blue Hill Inn
- Brooklin: Brooklin Inn
- Cape Elizabeth: Inn by the Sea
- Deer Isle: Pilgrim’s Inn
- Freeport: Captain Briggs House B&B; Harraseeket Inn
- Harpswell: Harpswell Inn
- Kennebunkport: Captain Jefferds Inn; Captain Lord Mansion; Maine Stay Inn & Cottages; Nonantum Resort
- Newcastle: Newcastle Inn
- Ogunquit: Beachmere Inn; Dunes on the Waterfront; Meadowmere Resort; Ogunquit Inn
- Sebasco: Sebasco Harbor Resort
- Topsham: Black Lantern B&B
- Washington: Blueberry Fields B&B
- Wells: Village by the Sea Hotel; Wells Ogunquit Resort Motel