Here’s an event you can sink your teeth into. MaineFare 2013, Sept. 6-7, celebrates Maine’s food and farm scene, with programs and activities designed for just about everybody. The event, sponsored by the Maine Farmland Trust, takes place in downtown Belfast. General admission is free, but some events require a ticket, available online or at the Maine Farmland Trust office on Main Street.
Here’s the schedule:
• Farmers Market and Midway (noon, Fri. and Sat.; $45, limited seating): More than 100 vendors are participating
• Farming Forums (9 am-4 pm Fri.): Presentations and discussions, Abbott Room, Belfast Public Library.
• Three-course Farmers Market Luncheon (noon, Fri. and Sat; $45, limited seating): Meal prepared by Ladleah Dunn, professional chef and proprietor of Sailor’s Rest Farm, Lincolnville
• Farm Fresh Boxed Lunch (Friday and Saturday; $12, advance ordering required)
• Explore & Experience Classes (Friday and Saturday): Four options: fresh fish; raw food; local meat; wood-oven baking.
• Book Sales & Signings (1-3 pm, Fri. and Sat.): at Left Bank Books
• Oysters & Beer (4-5:30 pm Fri., $25): Sample Maine oysters and pair with Maine brews
• Local Plates (Friday Evening, at local restaurants; advance rez recommended): Appetizer and entrée comprised entirely from local ingredients, available at: Chase’s Daily, Darby’s Delvino’s, Front Street Pub, La Vida, Rollie’s, The Gothic
• Dave Mallett Concert (Friday Evening; $25 adult, $10 child, limited seating)
• Local Farm Tours (10 an-noon, Saturday; free, but advance reservation required): three farms, transportation provided
• Wine & Cheese* (Saturday Evening; $25 pp,): local wineries, Maine cheese makers
• Farm to Table Dinner (Saturday Evening; $75, limited seating): four-course meal prepared by the chefs at The Gothic and served under a tent on Main Street. Here’s the menu.