This spring, the White Barn Inn, in Kennebunk, is offering guests the opportunity to share the kitchen with celebrity chefs from the Top Chef television series. Grand Relais & Châteaux Chef Jonathan Cartwright (see 5 questions with Cartwright, here) has invited three chefs to participate, with one collaborating in the kitchen with Cartwright on each of three weekends.
April 12-14: Executive Chef Dale Talde, from Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY, who appeared in “Top Chef” Season 4 and “Top Chef All-Stars”
April 26-28: Executive Chef Manuel Trevino, Marble Lane at Dream Hotel, New York City, who appeared in Top Chef Season 4
May 3-5: Chef Kevin Sbraga, Sbraga in Philadelphia, Penn., winner of Top Chef Season 7
Want to rub elbows with these top toques? The 2013 Guest Chef series package includes:
• 2 nights deluxe accommodation
• Daily extended continental breakfast
• Afternoon teas with finger sandwiches, pastries and scones
• Welcome cocktail reception with Grand Chef Jonathan Cartwright and Guest Chef
• Cooking demonstration on Saturday morning at Keys To the Kitchen’s private beach house
• Optional hands-on class on Saturday afternoon
• A 9-course tasting menu for 2 at The White Barn Inn Restaurant on Saturday evening
• A signed cookbook
• Special White Barn Inn apron
Rate is $1,282 for two.