Tired of wine dinners? Camden’s Hartstone Inn is serving a five-course spring food and beer pairing on Friday, April 10, for $55. Here’s the menu:
• appetizer: maple-roasted quail with a spring herb quinoa (Andrew’s Northern Brown Ale)
• soup: cream of asparagus soup with crisp pancetta and a Boursin custard (Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale from Stone)
• intermezzo: Maine Blueberry Sorbet
• entree: seared walibut with creamed peas and spaetzle (German Hefe-Weizen – Kulmbacher from Kapuziner)
• dessert: chocolate-almond torte with almond macaroons
Of course, after a meal like that, you’ll probably want to spend the night. Packages including dinner and breakfast for two begin at $195 for one night, $280 for two nights. On two night packages, guests also receive a 25 percent discount on spa treatments.
Hartstone Inn Overnight Stimulus Package: This is practically a steal. Sunday through Thursday nights until May 1, lodging in best available room plus five-course dinner and full breakfast is $175 for two. As the man said: Book it, Danno!