Join the Historic Inns of Rockland and celebrate Maine lobster in this week’s LobsterPalooza Festival in Rockland. From Sept. 8-14, 2013, participating businesses in Rockland — inns, restaurants, spas, and retail stores — offered lobster-themed packages, programs, specials, and discounts. Look for the LobsterPalooza signs in business windows.
Every day this week, enjoy:
• $10 lobster specials at restaurants:
- Café Miranda, Rockland – $10 Lobster & Maine Crab fresh Thai style spring roll with dipping sauce
- Chowder House, Rockland – $10 lobster stew
- Clan MacLaren, Rockland – $10 small lobster salad
- In Good Company, Rockland – $10 mini lobster grilled cheese sandwich
- Lobsterman’s Restaurant, Rockland – $10 Lobster flatbread pizza
- McCloon’s Lobster, Rockland – $10 Lobster stew with blueberry bread & oyster crackers
- Port Kitchens, Port Clyde – ask about the $10 special
- Rockharbor Lobster, Rockland – $10 Lobster shots
- Rockland Café, Rockland – $9.99 Lobster dinner w/ veggie & roll
- Trackside Station, Rockland – ask about the $10 lobster special
- Waterworks, Rockland – Lobster roll with French fries and coleslaw
• Retail and attractions specials:
- Clean Bee Laundry – lobster with purchase – ask for details
- Captain Jack’s Lobster Adventure – Free lobster with each ticket
- Eastern Tire & Auto Service – ask for details
- Farnsworth Museum – ask for details
- Jacks Boxes – 50% off anything lobster
- Michael Good – ask for details
- Planet Toys – lobster with purchase
- Rheal Day Spa- A lobster with every seaweed wrap or Presence Package
- Sea Street Graphics – will buy from local lobstermen this week
- Synergy Day Spa – get lobster with 1 hour shell lobster massage
- Twice Upon a Dream – lobster with purchase – ask for details
• Lobster & Olive Oil Tastings, at FIORE Artisan Olive Oils & Vinegars, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• Enter to win a Lobster Lover’s Getaway in June, 2014, at the Historic Inns of Rockland at participating businesses. No purchase is necessary and a winner will be drawn at the close of Lobsterpalooza week. Participating businesses will post Lobsterpalooza posters in the windows. Entry forms will be available at participating businesses and at Camden and Rockland Visitor Centers.
Mon., Sept. 9: Crustacean Cash Mob at Ship to Shore Lobster Co, 7 Wharf St, Owls Head
Tues., Sept. 19:
10:30-11:30 a.m. —Lobster story time for kids age 5 and younger at the Rockport Library
noon-5 p.m. —Crustacean Cash Mob at Jess’s Market, 118 S. Main St., Rockland
Wed. Sept. 11:
4-5:30 p.m. — K. Stephens, author of The Ghost Trap presents lobstering way of life.: K teams up w/Rockland Food Service, 195 Park S., Rockland for free beer tasting and presentation
Thursday, Sept. 12:
Nap-AH Lobster & Wine Tour — All Aboard Trolley tour of three local wineries with Maine lobster tastings & lobster roll lunch. Pick up: 10:30 a.m. at Rockland Chamber or 11 a.m. at Camden Chamber. Reservations: 207-691-9300. $55 pp
6:00-7:30 p.m. —Wine Tasting & Ghost Traps at Breakwater Vineyards Tasting Room, 373 Main St, Rockland: Enjoy an array of Breakwater wines while K. Stephens reads fictional excerpts from The Ghost Trap combined, with video clips of fourth-generation Maine lobsterman Ryan Post
Friday, Sept. 13:
noon-5 p.m.: Crustacean Cash Mob at Graffam Brothers, 211 Union Street, Rockport
Saturday, Sept. 14:
2 p.m. — Final judging of the Lobster Mac-n-Cheese Contest, State of Maine Cheese Co., Rockport
Begin each morning with lobster by staying at one of the Historic Inns of Rockland. Three-night LobsterPalooza packages (rates begin at $640 per couple) include:
- Lobster tastings and treats for breakfast and/or afternoon refreshments daily.
- Two tickets for a lobster lunch on a working waterfront wharf
- Two tickets for a lobster boat tour, including the chance to pull traps with a Maine lobsterman.
- Two “Got Lob-Stah” t-shirts
- Two chocolate lobsters
- Entries into the grand prize raffle
- Historic Inns of Rockland’s coupon offers exclusively for guests of the four inns valued at $375.