Wow! Purchase a $50 raffle ticket and if you’re lucky, you may win a Maine Dream Vacation, an all-inclusive four-day dream vacation in Camden, Maine, valued at $6,000. Five-hundred tickets will be sold to benefit Youthlinks, a community service program for Mid-coast youth. The winning ticket will be drawn July 15, and the vacation must be taken Sept. 13-16.
There’s plenty of small print you should read before entering, but this is one heckuva deal featuring some of Mid-Coast Maine’s premier properties and activities. And September is usually the nicest month of the year.
• round-trip airfare for two to Boston, connecting to a Cape Air flight to Rockland
• rental car
• three nights at the AAA four-diamond Camden Harbour Inn, including gourmet breakfast daily, featuring freshly baked specialties prepared by the pastry chef; complimentary coffee, tea, and snacks; evening turndown service; a welcome glass of sparkling Prosecco.
• Dinner on Tuesday, Sept. 13, at the Hartstone Inn, in Camden: cocktails at 6:30 followed by a five-course dinner at 7 p.m.
• Dinner on Wednesday, Sept. 14, at Primo, in Rockland, owned by James Beard award-winning chef Melissa Kelly.
• Dinner on Thursday, Sept. 15, at Natalie’s, in your host hotel, the Camden Harbor Inn.
• $500 in spending money on a pre-paid debit card from Machias Savings Bank
• spa services at Beauty Mark Spa, Camden
• biplane tour over Penobscot Bay, courtesy of the Owls Head Transportation Museum
• a round of golf at the oceanfront Samoset Resort, Rockport
• a day sail and picnic aboard the Schooner Olad, Camden
• back stage tour of the Farnsworth Art Museum, Rockland
• private winemaker’s tour with lunch of Cellardoor Winery, Lincolnville
• personal cooking class with Chef Kerry Altiero of Café Miranda, Rockland
• Large Red Claw tote from Sea Bags, made from recycled sails
That’s a lot of value and a lot of the best of Maine for a $50 chance. Why not purchase a ticket, at the very least, you’re helping a worthy cause, and you might just buy the winning number.